Year 6 resources and support
We appreciate that keeping children engaged in their learning whilst at home is not going to be easy and so we have uploaded work for your child that can be completed both independently or with adult support.
For independent learning and games, we recommend using the websites listed on the Pupil page.
For more practical resources and worksheets, we have included a learning pack perfectly matched to the Year 6 content. With a range of resources, these packs will help continue the learning inside your home.
Ideas to help support your Year 6 child:
- Recap specific grammatical terminology
- Practise spellings from the Y5/6 word list and put them in sentences
- Read lots of different types of texts and discuss them
- Practise calculating using all 4 written methods of calculation (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
- Explore equivalences between fractions, decimals and percentages
- Practise calculations using fractions and decimals
- Find fractions and percentages of amounts