Year 3 resources and support
We appreciate that keeping children engaged in their learning whilst at home is not going to be easy and so we have uploaded work for your child that can be completed both independently or with adult support.
For independent learning and games, we recommend using the websites listed on the Pupil page.
For more practical resources and worksheets, we have included a learning pack perfectly matched to the Year 3 content. With a range of resources, these packs will help continue the learning inside your home.
Ideas to help support your Year 3 child:
- Recall 3, 4 and 8 multiplications
- Use everyday objects to write fractions
- Compare, order, add and subtract fractions with the same denominators
- Measure objects around the house using a ruler and record in mm and cm
- Baking is a perfect way to measure mass and capacity
- Tell and write the time in 24 hour and analogue - do this at certain times of the day. Ask your children to help create a timetable
- Draw 2D shapes and use a ruler to measure and calculate perimeters
- Add and subtract money using both pounds and pence
- Ensure your child reads every day ask your child to give you a recount of what they have read
- Ask your children to keep a diary and include:
- -Conjunctions, adverbs and prepositions to make sentences longer
- -Speech in sentences
- -Practise the Y3/4 spelling words