Key Stage 1
There are three classes in this key stage for children aged 5 – 7 (Birch, Yew and Aspen). As we have a statutory intake number of 45 and must also meet the classroom size of a maximum of 30 children, we sometimes have to have some mixed age teaching, so this year we have a Year 1, Year 1/2 and Year 2 class.
To prevent the children repeating any work, we have a two year rolling programme of themes. All teachers plan together so that the children get the same opportunities. Individual teachers then differentiate the work within their class to suit the children’s needs.
The Key Stage 1 team consists of
- Mrs Jacobs - Year 1 teacher
- Mrs Wicks - Year 1/2 teacher
- Mrs Vickery-Cox - Year 2 teacher and Key Stage Leader
- Mrs Gianinnotti - Teaching Assistant for Year 1
- Mrs Green - Teaching Assistant for Year 1/2
- Mrs Payne - Teaching Assistant for Year 2
- Mrs Ewen - Pupil Wellbeing Worker