Our curriculum aims to:
- Provide a broad and balanced education for all pupils
- Enable pupils to develop knowledge, understand concepts and acquire skills, and be able to choose and apply these in relevant situations
- Ensure a Mastery approach to learning, delving more deeply into each area so that pupils can ‘master’ each step; using micro-progression to ensure that pupils have an excellent and clear understanding of their learning (Mastery learning is breaking down into small units with a clear understanding of key outcomes and making sure they are mastered before moving on)
- Support pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- Support pupils’ physical development and responsibility for their own health, and enable them to be active
- Promote a positive attitude towards learning
- Ensure equal access to learning, with high expectations for every pupil and appropriate levels of challenge and support
- Promote the learning and development of our youngest children and ensure they are ready for Key Stage 1
- Ensure that all teachers and other professionals are “lifelong learners”, committed to an ongoing development of their own knowledge and skills to optimise the pupils’ learning experiences.
- Promote a positive, caring attitude, where achievements at all levels are acknowledged and valued, is prevalent throughout the school.
- Provide all pupils from the earliest opportunity with encouragement to develop independence, self-discipline, responsibility and the ability to build resilience.
Annual Curriculum Overviews
Below are the annual overviews for each phase. These are mapped out on a two year rolling programme - A and B. These will show you what the children are learning in the different subjects across the school.
Please click on the links below to take you through to the curriculum overview for each year group.
Click here to download the Early Years Curriculum Overview A.
Click here to download the Early Years Curriculum Overview B.
Click here to download the Year Key Stage One Curriculum Overview A.
Click here to download the Year Key Stage One Curriculum Overview B.
Click here to download the Lower Key Stage Two Curriculum Overview A.
Click here to download the Lower Key Stage Two Curriculum Overview B.
Click here to download the Upper Key Stage Two Curriculum Overview A.
Click here to download the Upper Key Stage Two Curriculum Overview B.
Termly Curriculum Maps
Click here to download the Autumn Term map for Early Years.
Click here to download the Autumn Term map for Key Stage One.
Click here to download the Autumn Term map for Lower Key Stage Two.
Click here to download the Autumn Term map for Upper Key Stage Two.
To view the timetables for each class, please visit the class pages which can be viewed through the pupils tab at the top of the page.