We pride ourselves at Maple Tree on being a Values school and providing the chidlren with a well rounded education whcih goes far beyond the main curriculum. The children are taught every month about a specific value in assembly and discuss ways in which this can be shown amongst themselves and others.
Alongside our school values, we also teach the British Values of
- the rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.
We believe that a solid Values education will:
- enable children to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence
- enable children to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England
- encourage children to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely
- enable children to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England
- further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling children to acquire an appreciation for and respect for their own and other cultures
- encourage respect for other people, and
- encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.