Key Stage 2
There are four classes in this key stage for children aged 7 – 10 Poplar, Rowan, Juniper and Cherry. As we have a statutory intake number of 45 and must also meet the classroom size of a maximum of 30 children, we sometimes have to have some mixed age teaching. However for this academic year we have 4 single ages classes, one Year 3, two Year 4 and a Year 5.
To prevent the children repeating any work, we have a two year rolling programme of themes. All teachers plan together so that the children get the same opportunities. Individual teachers then differentiate the work within their class to suit the children’s needs.
The Key Stage 2 team consists of
- Mrs Scott - Year 3 teacher
- Mrs Champion - Year 4 teacher and Key Stage Leader
- Ms Cassidy - Year 4 teacher
- Miss Howley - Year 5 teacher
- Mrs Green - Teaching Assistant for Year 3
- Mrs Cahill - Teaching Assistant for Year 4
- Mrs Longworth -SEND Teaching Assistant and part time TA in Year 4
- Mrs Woods - Teaching Assistant for Year 5
- Mrs Jones - regular cover supervisor