Key Stage 2
There are three classes in this key stage for children aged 7 – 9 Cedar, Elm and Oak. As we have a statutory intake number of 45 and must also meet the classroom size of a maximum of 30 children, we therefore have to have some mixed age teaching. For this academic year we have 3 classes, one of these is a mixed year 3/4 class.
To prevent the children repeating any work, we have a two year rolling programme of themes. All teachers plan together so that the children get the same opportunities. Individual teachers then differentiate the work within their class to suit the children’s needs.
The Key Stage 2 team consists of
- Mrs Pond - Year 3 teacher
- Mrs Champion - Year 3 / 4 teacher and Key Stage Leader
- Mrs Scott - Year 4 teacher
- Mrs Woods - Teaching Assistant for Year 4
- Mrs Gianninotti - Teaching Assistant for Year 3
- Mrs Cahill - Teaching Assistant for Year 3/4
- Mrs Longworth -SEND Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Jones - regular cover supervisor