Key Stage 1
There are three classes in this key stage for children aged 5 – 7 (Ash, Sycamore and Willow). As we have a statutory intake number of 45 and must also meet the classroom size of a maximum of 30 children, we therefore have to have some mixed age teaching. We do this by having a year 1, and mixed year 1 and 2 class and a year 2 class.
To prevent the children repeating any work, we have a two year rolling programme of themes. All teachers plan together so that the children get the same opportunities. Individual teachers then differentiate the work within their class to suit the children’s needs.
The Key Stage 1 team consists of
- Mrs Wicks - Year 1 teacher and Key Stage Leader
- Mrs Jacobs - joint teacher of Year 1 with Mrs Wicks
- Ms Cassidy - Year 1/2 teacher
- Mrs Vickery-Cox - Year 2 teacher
- Mrs Mabbott - SEND Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Green - Teaching Assistant for Year 1/2
- Mrs Payne - Teaching Assistant for Year 2