Friends of Maple Tree
Friends of Maple Tree is a group of parents and teachers (aka a PTA) who raise money for the school. We do this by organising fun events for children and parents throughout the year.
As a parent, you are automatically a member of Friends and your help, knowledge, skills and support are always needed. Please do come along to the meetings if you can spare the time. Keep an eye out for the next meeting date – you will be greeted with a smile and possibly a cup of tea.
How can you support Friends?
There are many ways to support Friends.
- You can attend meetings and help plan, organise and promote events.
- Support events by helping out at them.
- Support events by coming along and taking part – please look out for posters, leaflets in bags, ParentMail and of course this website for information about Friends events.
- Do you have any skills or ideas that could help us raise money? If so, don't be shy, we really do need all the help we can get.
- We ALWAYS need more hands on deck and would be pleased to have you on board.
- Shopping via www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mapletreelower/ It costs nothing and a donation is given to FoMT for every purchase made.
- Match Funding- do you work for a company that has a match funding policy? We would love to hear from you if you do as this is a good source of funds.
How is the money spent?
All the money raised by Friends goes back into the school. This is a small example of some of the things that the money has contributed towards in recent years:
A new library • cameras for the classrooms • iPads for each class • dictionaries • playground trees • leavers gifts • maths intervention kit • stationery • education toys • numeracy books • tablets • transport for the school pantomime trip
How do we raise the money?
School discos • Christmas fayre • summer fete • uniform sale • pamper evenings • psychic nights • family photography days • refreshments at school productions• film nights • camp out • easter egg hunt
These are just some of the things we do to raise money, if you have any more ideas then just let us know, we're always keen to try new things.
It's not just about the money though
We want our children to attend a school that has a 'magical Christmas fair' and a 'sizzling summer fete'. Imagine if no one bothered? That would be sad. We love to see the bustling queue of the children waiting for the school disco to open and the excitement of the children when they find an egg at the Easter egg hunt. We want our children to know that their parents, carers and grandparents support the school not just financially but with their time. A school with a thriving PTA is a wonderful thing.
Thank you. We couldn't do this without you. Please continue to support Friends events. All your money goes back into Maple Tree Lower School helping you and your children get the most out of their education. Thank you.